Tuesday 2 October 2018

Module Three Skype 02/10/2018 (Importance of Analysis)

I just joined a Module Three Skype with Adesola, Jae (mod 3) and Louise (mod 1) which I found incredibly useful even though it was a Module 3 focus. I mainly listened but everything that was said felt relevant to the stage I am at too and it made me realise how connected all three modules are.

I wanted to write a short blog on the relevance of analysis. Jae was talking about her methods of finding information and the conversation went on to talk about when she has all the information from her interviews, it is not really relevant without her analysing the data. This transferred over to where I am at in Module Two as well. I am currently looking into literature within my area of inquiry. So the same applies to me - when I have found all my literature, it is irrelevant without my analysis. This includes things like comparing it with other literature I have found. I need to keep critically reflecting on the literatures relevance and value to me as well. Is it significant to me? This is where analysis is so important over all three modules.

When doing my literature review I have jotted down a few things I must remember that I picked up from reading the handbook too -
  • Do not accept the first thing you find
  • Do not assume the author is an expert in this field
  • Keep cross - referencing
  • Look at the bibliographies of the authors
  • Do some authors quote others?
  • Does everybody quote one person?
  • Why might that author have that perspective?
  • When was the literature published or created?
I hope this help anyone that wasn't able to attend the skype :)
L xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts and ideas surrounding ways of communicating...

I just had a Skype with Maria, Nicole, Shanice and Rachel focusing on communication in Module 3. I realise I haven't posted a blog in a ...